Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My First Ever Published Poem

This is the mushy, gushy, uber-romantic poem that was published in an anthology a few years back. I wrote it when I was in 11th grade, so if it seems a little 'Emo,' there actually IS a logical explanation:)

****************************************************************************************

Silent Confession

Deep inside I feel an anger
with myself begin to rise
Each time my careless glance is cast
upon your dark evasive eyes

Those eyes wherein I know once dwelt
Passions for me no longer felt

I curse my stubborn aching heart
I curse my pride so cruel and cold
I curse my lips for speaking not
Of love for you which still I hold

My proud facade claimed not to care
But, oh, the pain when you weren't there

My gaze now fixed I let my eyes
deliver forth their silent plea -
"Oh free my tortured heart
And feel affection once again for me!"

But lips keep still for I have fears
My cries would fall on deafened ears

No comments:

Post a Comment